Find the Best Online Casinos in Canada
Canadians have never had it as easy as they do today in 2020 when it comes to online gambling. With government and offshore options available to play at, you're sure to find a site that works for you. We'll guide you to the best online casinos in Canada and show you all the top bonuses available.
Government vs. Offshore Online Casinos in Canada
The laws that determine where you can gamble online in Canada depend on your province of residence. For all Canadians, there is the option of offshore gambling at approved sites. Since there is no law against online gambling, as long as the site you play at is licensed and regulated to allow Canadians from your province, then you're good to go. BC, Manitoba, Ontario, and Quebec all have government-run online websites - PlayNow BC, PlayNow Manitoba, PlayOLG.ca, and Loto Quebec. However, these sites can only accept players from the respective province. So, if you live in the four previously mentioned provinces, you have two legal options, and if the idea of an offshore casino scares you a bit, then you're better to opt for the government-run site. But, if you live in any of the other six provinces or three territories, then your only option is to go offshore. Don't worry, there are plenty of reputable online casinos out there, and as long as you do your research and play at the recommended sites, you'll be golden.
What Casino Banking Methods are Allowed in Canada?
At the best online casinos in Canada, you can use whichever banking method you prefer. If you don't find the option you're looking for, then check out another site that can give you what you need.
- eWallet Services - Financial service providers like PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill are an easy and secure way to conduct financial transactions online, including making deposits and withdrawals at online casinos.
- Credit and Debit Cards - If you've used your cards online before, your computer likely has your info already saved and encrypted. This is a quick and easy method of payment with no third-parties required.
- Cryptocurrency - For those who are a bit more tech-savvy, you might have some Bitcoin or Ethereum. Use cryptocurrency to make deposits at many online gambling sites, and some sites will even deposit your winnings in crypto if you prefer that as well.
- Bank Transfers - Interac eTransfers are another simple way to complete deposits to your online gambling account, and many Canadian sites accept this method.
Win Free Cash with the Best Bonuses
Many bonuses will let you play for free, which is good, but the best Canadian bonuses give you a chance at winning real cash. Find these promotions and more at the top sites.
- Free Spins - The most popular free promo is the free spins welcome deal. New players are sometimes eligible for up to 200 complimentary spins at the best sites.
- Free Cash - Free cash is another very common promotion for online casinos to give out to new players. All you need to do is fill out a new player profile, and you might get $25 to spend as you will.
- Free Play - Casinos might give you three free rounds of whichever table game you want or a predetermined period, maybe 30 minutes, to play as much as you can on the site. These free play bonuses are great if you want to try a wide array of games.
The Importance of Ongoing Promos
If an online casino in Canada wants to keep your business, they should be willing to give out some sweet bonuses. The best sites know this and have many promotions past the first new player deals.
- VIP Promos - Many websites will have a VIP club that you can sign up for. While these may seem exclusive at first, it all works out in your favour as you will receive member-only deals like free spins and bonus cash.
- Loyalty Bonuses - Loyalty bonuses are things like anniversary free play bonuses or weekly match deposit offers. For example, maybe existing players will get a 50% match on each deposit they make on Mondays, up to a certain amount.
- Reload Bonuses - Casinos give you reload bonuses for making a deposit. This might be something like free cash every ten deposits or a match deposit bonus if you've been inactive for a bit and the site wants you back.
- Extra Spins - Online casinos will sometimes send out exclusive deals to active members on their email list. One such deal might be 100 extra spins for depositing $20 or more. Keep an eye on your inbox for these and many other deals.
5 Tips for Choosing a Safe Site to Play At
- The first thing you should do when looking for a safe site to play at is to check on the licensing information. There are plenty of sketchy sites out there, it's good practise to scroll down to the footer where the licensing info should be recorded to see if the site is compliant with all regulations.
- Next, you should do an internet search of the site and read actual reviews. Some websites are dedicated to writing reviews on casinos, so those can be helpful. However, keep in mind that some of those sites get paid by the online casinos to do a review, so they might be more generous than they should be. Also, read on discussion forums from real players who have first-hand experience with the sites.
- Check out a site's commitment to customer service. See if they have a thorough FAQ page. Find out if they have dedicated chat, email, or phone customer service representatives. See if your queries are answered in a timely and accurate manner.
- See how many jackpots have been won on a site. If it's a new online casino, it may not have many winners, or the amounts might be small. However, a site that has been around for a while with no recent jackpot winners is a sign to be wary of.
- Finally, check out the list of software providers. If you've been around for a while, you might recognize some of the more popular developers like Playtech, NetEnt, and iSoftbet. You can also do a review of the software providers, keeping in mind the same hints for casino reviews.
When looking for the best online casino to play at for Canadian players, make sure you check back here often to find updated bonuses and the top new sites. Then, don't take our word for it - try out the sites for yourself and enjoy the best possible casino experience.